Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What's Your Favorite Droid App?

As much as I’ve complained about being behind the curve on learning all this blogging technology, I really do love technology.  I’m just too cheap to jump out and purchase all the fun stuff when it comes out.  I usually wait a while before I jump in.

But I did recently “finally” as my daughter said, join the Android cell phone craze.  And I must admit, I have no idea what took me so long to change…well other than my contract not being up for renewal and receiving a discount (like I said, I’m chep).

When I first got my HTC phone, I reached out to my Facebook friends for suggestions on which free “apps” were their favorites.  I compiled a list from their suggestions that I thought I’d share. 

  • Shop Savvy or Savvy Shopper – both will tell you where you can find a particular product cheaper at another store
  • PicSay – edit the photos you take on your phone or add special effects
  • Squirrelizer – quite possibly the funniest app I’ve seen.  You can add a photo of a squirrel to any of your photos which can be quite amusing
  • Barcode Scanner – scan barcodes on CDs, books and other products, then look up prices and review
  • Words with Friends – a mobile word building game you can play with your friends
  • Aldiko Book Reader  - turns your phone into a kindle of sorts
  • Key Ring – keep s a photo of your favorite loyalty cards on file in your phone so that you don’t need to cart all those cards around in your purse
Of course, Angry Birds, is on the list, but I feel like everyone in the world must have heard of that one.  The others may or may not be as familiar.

What I want to know is…. What is your favorite app for your phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment