Monday, May 21, 2012

Try and try again...I'm giving Haiku writing a second chance

I admit it!  I'm not a fan of Haiku writing.  I participated last year, and I believe, if I'm not mistaken, I whined about it last year too.

I'm not sure if it is the "sitting still in meditation" (those words and my personality are in extreme conflict) or the requirement to condense my thoughts to 17 syllables (if you've read any of my posts...verbose comes to mind) part that I dislike the most about Haiku writing.

But in honor of Haiku Monday for the 2012 Blogathon, I will give it a try once again.

Giggles fill the air
There's children at play outside
Summer has begun


Hmmm...ok, maybe not award-winning, so let's try another.

Lazy days napping
Free food, belly rubs and love
Oh to be a dog

Here's the visual that led to that haiku! 
  
The bliss of being our dog, Sugar!

And if that visual doesn't put a smile on your face...nothing will!  

















No comments:

Post a Comment