Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Let the madness begin!

When I got the email from Michelle last week reminding me that Blogathon 2012 begins this week, I must admit I thought for a half-second that there's just too much going on and I'll pass.  But then that "Oh you can do it," half-angel/half-witch that sits on my shoulder chimed in and reminded me that I learned so much last year and met so many wonderful people, how could I "not" do it.  Well, I'm back for year two! 

If you're visiting my blog for the first time, you'll find that my posts are...well...all over the place.  I literally found WordCount and the Blogathon 2011 announcement about a week before last year's Blogathon and threw this blog together just in time to begin the Blogathon. 

I spent the next month figuring out how to blog, what Twitter was all about, how to participate in google groups...it was a learning month for sure.  I thought over the course of the 30 days, it might help me focus on a single subject to write about.  But alas, no!  So, I'm back a year later and will likely continue with my "random-ality." 

I do have a couple of gems planned (well, I think they are gems anyway...lol).  I have an update on Olivia (from last year), a rant on general day-to-day wasteful spending (and it has nothing to do with politics) and thoughts on how to keep that money in your pocket. 

And I'll apologize up front for whatever remodeling rants I post.  I'm in the process of remodeling our master and hall bathrooms, and the mass-chaos as well as having to shower in the basement has begun to take a toll.  So..maybe...beware!

Welcome to any new Blogathoners, and a big hello to those I met last year!  I hope to visit more of your blogs this year!

I'll leave you with these photos of the incredibly destructive hail storm that passed through the St. Louis area last weekend.  We were lucky to have driven through this area AFTER the hail had passed.  The cars that went through five minutes earlier weren't so lucky.  Definitely the most hail I've ever seen.  Almost looked like it had snowed.



Hail storm in St. Louis April 28

 How's that for random?!
: ^ )

No comments:

Post a Comment