Sunday, June 30, 2013

That's a wrap! 30 days straight!

That's 30 straight posts, baby! Yep, I somehow pulled it off again to post everyday during Word Count's 2013 blogathon.

It never fails. Something always comes up each year that thwarts my efforts, but I seem to somehow prevail. 

This year I dealt with my step-dad having emergency open heart surgery, my mother being hospitalized with chest pains and a nine day planned vacation during the month long blogathon writing frenzy so next year when you are on the fence about not participating in the 2014 blogathon because your schedule is um, too busy, well, I don't want to hear it. (I'm writing this last post on my iPhone while sitting in a hospital waiting room) The old saying, "If there's a will, there's a way" is so true!

I continue to find time for the blogathon every year because:

  • It pushes me to try new technology- this year I learned more about using blogging apps and my iPad and iPhone to make posts
  • I meet wonderful people- blogathoners are super nice, supportive and helpful
  • It forces me to write short posts which is outside my wheelhouse 
  • The daily commitment makes me realize I DO have some free time in my days and I  need to continue to utilize this time every day by committing to a class online or some other enrichment program.
  • And finally, just the sense of accomplishment afterwards that I committed to it and finished it is gratifying.
So...see you blogathoners online...until next year when we do it all again!







No comments:

Post a Comment