Thursday, June 13, 2013

A hungry visitor

I was wondering why the new petunias I planted in pots on my front porch had disappeared.   Thought maybe the storm had blown them away, but then I caught this little culprit red-handed.  

 While mowing the grass yesterday I stumbled upon their rabbit hole/den.  It was out in the open in our back yard and what looked like some dead grass was actually their home.  They scattered as I came close.

I'm sure there's plenty of people who would rather not have a bunch of rabbits living in their yard.  Heck, my husband isn't thrilled about them either, but they are so darn cute.

Just one more critter to add to our menagerie!  He and his little siblings can hang out with the baby robin that's learning to fly in the back yard, the chipmunk that lives in the mulch out front and the squirrel that joined our menagerie last fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment